Friday, April 1, 2016

Project Director Letter: Bolivia (BO-290)

Thanks to the Compassion App, I have discovered some additional project director and pastor letters! I'll be sharing them over the weeks! Enjoy!

~~~

This letter is from Franco's project! And the photos are from Compassion's Bolivia Flickr Album.

Dear Sponsor,

I greet you warmly in the name of our Savior Jesus Christ, wishing you success in your work and many blessings on your dear ones.

My name is Felix C. I am Project Director at the Child Development Center attended by your child. The center operates at the BECF denomination. We are located at Batallas, very close to Lake Titicaca, the highest lake in the world, in the Andes province of La Paz-Bolivia. Thank you for sponsoring your child.

I am wholeheartedly grateful to God for all our sponsors and for all their support to the children we have here. Our sponsored children are instructed with the Word of God to one day become mature Christians, and so they, in turn, are always praying for their sponsors and families.


I would like to share about one of our older sponsored children. He remembers that being a young child, his family broke apart. His father left the family, and abandoned his children. The sponsored child started to attend our center, received Christ into his heart, and then took the word of God back home to his, and their family relationships have improved. There has also been improvement in their health and financial situations.

When children receive gifts from their sponsors, they feel very happy and glad, as do their parents. They are really grateful for such generous gestures towards their children. Gifts are a great blessing, as are the letters that are sent. Our children feel very happy to know that their sponsors write to them. They are encouraged and helped to be more courageous. Sponsors letters and photos are kept in a file like treasure.


What motivates me to work here at the center is that I can not only share the Gospel of Christ, but also teach the children how to one day become responsible adults.

Our partnering church is building new classrooms, so please join the children and the staff at the center in praying for this to be completed as soon as possible. Our desire is to provide our children and youth with better conditions for their learning and their activities. Please pray for all the children and youth in Batallas.
I now close, thanking you from my heart, again, for sponsoring your child.
God keep you and bless you,

Felix C.


~~~

If you would like to sponsor a child from Bolivia, please consider Josue, who has been waiting over one year for a sponsor. He's 4 and his birthday is October 13.


In his home, Josue helps by running errands. He lives with his father and his mother. His father is sometimes employed and his mother is sometimes employed as a seller in the market.

Josue is not presently attending school. Playing with cars, playing ball games and hide-and-seek are his favorite activities. He also attends church activities regularly. To sponsor Josue, click here.