This letter is from Elinami's project! And the photos are from Compassion's Tanzania Flickr Album.
Dear Sponsor,
My name is Godson H.. I am the Project Director at the PEFA (Pentecostal Evangelical Fellowship of Africa) Karanse Child Development Center attended by your sponsored child. We are part of the PEFA church in the Hai region in Tanzania.
Thank you for your sponsorship.
I thank you and our other child sponsors for your humble and helpful heart. Our child are showing development in all areas of their lives. In general our children are now able to interact with others by explaining the Word of God and forbidding evils done by others.
As a result of learning skills in tailoring, one young woman in our center plans after graduation to start a tailoring shop as a means to earn money to support and provide some needs to her family.
I am thankful for those sponsors who can send their child gifts. The children use these to buy school uniforms, stationery, and shoes, as well as food and other home needs for family use.
The children love to receive hopeful letters. This makes them to be happy and feel much loved and cared for. I have seen how letters motivate children to be more serious at school as a result of this good relationship between child and their sponsor.
I am inspired to continue working at the center because I want children to come out from a hard life like what I experienced when I was young. My vision is that education can eradicate poverty. The main method for success is first to equip a child to be submissive to God.
Many families around our center depend on animal keeping and seasonal planting. For this reason, long seasons of drought lead to a lack of food, and then to a lack of other needs such as clothes, shelter, fees for school, as well as important matters. Without help, these children cannot do anything to improve their life.
We always pray to God to eradicate illness to our children at the center. This will help us to afford to pay for their school fees, food, and clothes which are the best needs in life, since we use much money to pay for treatments.
Also we request prayer for the children’s families, especially their parents and caregivers, so that they get reliable and permanent sources of income so that they can manage to support their children and their families.
Thank you again for your sponsorship. Doing this requires a heart for God. May God bless you.
Sincerely,
Godson H.
If you would like to sponsor a child from Tanzania, please consider little Mesia who attends TZ-451 with Elinami! Mesia is 4 and her birthday is December 14.
Mesia lives with her father and her mother. At home, duties include carrying water. Her father is sometimes employed as a farmer and her mother is sometimes employed as a farmer.
Playing group games is Mesia's favorite activity. In kindergarten her performance is average and she also regularly attends church activities. To sponsor Mesia, click here.



