Sunday, July 24, 2016

June 25, 2016

I woke up with this Psalm and song running through my head:

“O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens. Out of the mouth of babies and infants, you have established strength because of your foes, to still the enemy and the avenger. When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him? Yet you have made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor. You have given him dominion over the works of your hands; you have put all things under his feet, all sheep and oxen, and also the beasts of the field, the birds of the heavens, and the fish of the sea, whatever passes along the paths of the seas. O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭8:1-9‬ ‭ESV‬‬


Thanks for praying and I hope this encourages you as well this morning! We serve a great God!!!

One more thought....

I often debate about sharing where I'm at because I don't want people to misunderstand. I am truly so thankful to God for the fact that my mum is alive and that she's improving! I'm thankful she still has all of her mind! I'm thankful for the hope of heaven. But other times sadness overwhelms me. And I feel guilty that I'm sad because I know we have so much to be thankful for. But then I remember the hope of heaven and that I don't think it's wrong to be sad because God made us perfect and sin has ruined life as it was meant to be and we'll see that perfection again in heaven. Anyway, that's all to say, I'm trying to share honestly because I know that is has encouraged my faith in the past when others going through hard times have been honest and not given pat happy answers all the time, but have shown the struggle. And more importantly, they've shown God's strength through that struggle. There is so much joy and so much sorrow at the same time. Sure makes us long for heaven, right?

Thanks for all your prayers and practical help!!!

God bless.

Love,
Hannah

4 comments:

  1. I think it's okay to be sad. Hannah your post encourages me so much! Life here on earth is hard sometimes. God gave us feelings for a reason and even though there is so very much to be thankful for yes we still hurt and feel sad and especially sad when it's someone we love who is hurting. Your family and your mum are in my prayers. Thank you for sharing your beautiful heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the encouragement and the reminder that it is ok for me to feel sad. And thanks for praying!!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing your journey!

    ReplyDelete