Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Compassion Joys: August

I'm linking up with Compassion Family, looking back over the month of August and considering all my Compassion Joys!

 Compassion Family

~~~

Letters ~ we received 14 letters this month!
From Franco, Julissa, Ana, Jenny, Valeria, Jadson, Gizelle, Angel, Ndikubwimana, Cissy, Dafyne, Dayan, Erick and Estela!

~~~

Birthdays ~ we celebrated 7 birthdays!

Maria turned 21 on 1st, Jadson 19 on 5th, Zeynia 19 on 12th, Emon turned 10 on 13th, Gatwiri turned 15 on 18th, Lucas turned 7 on 20th, and Antony turned 11 on 27th!

~~~

Photo Updates

We received three photo updates this month! Phalan always looks so sharp in his uniform:

And I hope that someday we can see Rebecca Diana's smile again!

Feraol's was a long-awaited update and was a joy to see!

~~~

Hellos & Goodbyes

Our correspondent Jonathan from Guatemala graduated Compassion's program! While we did not get to know him very well due to such a short correspondence, I hope that he felt blessed ending his time in Compassion's program with an abundance of letters!

And we welcomed three new correspondents! Erick is from Nicaragua, Jhosbin from Guatemala and Krishanth from Sri Lanka! This is my first experience corresponding with a child from Sri Lanka.

~~~

Blog Feature

One of my Step Into My Shoes [SIMS] posts from Compassion Family was shared on the SIMS blog! That was a fun surprise!


~~~

I would love to hear about your Compassion Joys this month! And if you want to write your own post, check out the link up at Compassion Family.