We received 2 letters while corresponding with Jhandra. Her birthday is May 1. Jhandra lived with her parents and she has 5 siblings. Her father was employed as a construction worker.
Project Info and Activities:
Jhandra attended CO-383 in La Reliquia, Villavicencio
* Home to approximately 7,000 residents
* Most commonly spoken languages is Spanish
* Most common work is work is day laboring
* Average earning is $221 a month
* Regional Diet: beans, chicken, fish, plantains & rice
* Common Health Problems: respiratory illnesses, fevers, diarrhea, influenza, malnutrition, asthma
* Typical Houses: cement floors, brick walls, tin roofs
Center Activities: bible teaching, medical exams, health and hygiene education, sports, birthday parties, tutoring and skills for life training.
Miscellaneous Info from Letters:
* Favorites: group games, bicycling, jump rope, meat, rice, ripe plantains
Letter Highlights...
"What I like the most about the project is that I learn about the love of God."
"I have three pets: a cat and two doves."
Artwork
Final Letter
"Hi, dear sponsors! I wish to thank you for caring about the child… All the gifts and letters are very encouraging. My greatest wish is that you and your family are blessed by God. I am the child's tutor and my name is Anjhinsson M.
Departure Reason
She is leaving the project because her mother doesn't like it… she said that she is not interested in anything we do.
Learned Skills
At the project there are areas like music, arts, knowledge, reading, etc., everything focused on a better life venture.
Benefits during sponsorship
During the time she was at the project she received benefits like: lunch, medical check-ups, gifts and utmost care.
My future
She is currently studying; we hope she will graduate from high school."
To read the other posts in this series, click here.
