This letter is the project that Julissa attends! And the photos are from Compassion's Nicaragua Album.
Dear Eric and Hannah,
My name is Rosa A. L. S., and I am the Project Director at [NI-175] attended by your sponsored child. We are located in Managua, Nicaragua. Thank you for sponsoring Julissa.
I am very grateful for the love that God has put in the hearts of our sponsors. Thank you for all your prayers which are part of the answers of God in blessing the children. I say thanks for your concern about children. I want to tell you about one of girls who was sad because other children received letters from their sponsors, but she didn't. She complained about everything, and was discouraged until her teacher folder to pray to God. The teacher said to her that God is powerful and knows our needs. God answered her prayers because a few days later, she received a letter from her sponsors' granddaughter. The letter said that she felt a great desire to write to her because her grandfather had no time to do it. After that, the communication is overflowing between them, and the girl is so happy!
Sponsorship gifts are a great blessing. One of our girls used a gift that her sponsor sent her to build a store for her own business. This has helped her family a lot because neighbors purchase what they need from her store. Her family is so thankful because of this great blessing.
I would like to share with you the story of another girl who had osteoporosis. That was very difficult for her because doctors said that she was going to lose mobility in her legs, and would not walk. We prayed a lot for her, and now the girl is walking and healthy. She received the miracle of healing for the honor and glory of God! She is so thankful to God and is committed to serve Him because of the miracle and opportunity that God gave to her day by day to do it.
I also want to share with you about a teen who took our barber shop vocational training workshop, and now he has a source of income that allows him to solve his needs. He also learned music, and plays the bass.
What sin spires me is to see who the children are blessed, to see who they play, how they eat, and how they praise God. It inspires me to be here to help them and to have them close to me. When they see me, they run to me and hug and kiss me. They come to my office to talk. This is a great blessing! They make me want to go on when I don't have strength. To experience that love is beautiful. To have the opportunity to serve them is a great privilege, even more so because 9 years ago, I got cancer which was unattended for a long time. Finally, I had chemotherapy and radiation, but this treatment had no affect on me. The cancer continued and the doctor told me that only a miracle of God could heal me. I didn't continue with the treatment, but according to my last checkup, I am completely clean. Right now I'm healthy, thank God! Honor and glory to Him!
Please pray for our children who have not accepted the Lord yet. Pray for us to who work with them, that God will renew our strength to move forward in this precious ministry.
I want to say thanks for all your blessings to the children at our center and church. May God Almighty continue blessing you and your family. Thank you, again, for sponsoring Julissa.
Blessings,
Rosa A. L. S.
If you would like to sponsor a child from Nicaragua, there are a few children available from NI-175, Julissa's project! Adorable Abril even shares a birthday with Julissa! She just turned 4 on July 21.
In her home, Abril helps by cleaning. She lives with her mother. Her mother maintains the home. There are 3 children in the family.
For fun, Abril enjoys ping pong, singing and playing house. She attends church activities regularly and is in kindergarten where her performance is average. To sponsor Abril, click here.




