Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Meet Bacha...

As I had mentioned in my January Joys post, we were still waiting for 3 remaining correspondents since we lost 6 in August. I typically wait until the end of the month to share our new family members, but I just have to introduce this new correspond to you…

Meet Bacha of Ethiopia!


Bacha is turning 4 on February 27…and just 10 days later, Juanito is also turning 4! Juanito was so excited at the idea of a Compassion sibling his age! We immediately looked through photos of Bacha's area of Ethiopia and Juanito really enjoyed seeing how family's like Bacha shop for bananas and potatoes and clothes. He also loved seeing the kids playing!

He wanted to write a letter immediately and I let Juanito pick out a template from some I have saved on the laptop. Emily, who blogs at With Elephant Grace, has some really fun templates here. He also drew some pictures for Bacha and we decorated an Avengers birthday folder since Bacha's and Juanito's birthdays are coming up soon!


This is such a fun experience for Juanito! I would love to give my kids each a Birthday Buddy (Jill, who blogs at Compassion Family, has a Birthday Buddy for each of her kids), but we can't afford new sponsorships right now. So it's such a blessing that Juanito has an almost Birthday Buddy!