Thursday, September 15, 2016

Firmin in Burkina Faso

We began corresponding with Firmin in January 2015 and continued until July 2016.


We received 8 letters and one project director's letter while corresponding with Firmin. His birthday is January 1. Phalan lives with his father and mother, Joachim and Delphine. His parents are farmers. And Firmin has 4 siblings, Felicite, Sabine, Anne, and Nadine.

~~~

Project Info and Activities:

Fimrin attends BF-161 in Dedougou


* Home to approximately 8,000 residents
* Most commonly spoken language is French
* Most common work is work is animal herders, subsistence farmers or market traders, but the majority are unemployed
* Average earning is $10 a month
* Regional Diet: maize, beans, chicken, guinea big, bread, rice & millet
* Common Health Problems: malaria, diarrhea, respiratory infections
* Typical Houses: dirt or cement floors, mud or dirt walls, tin or thatched roofs

Center activities: Bible teaching, medical checkups, health education, nutritious food, games, group activities, choir and music classes.

~~~

Miscellaneous Info from Letters:

* Favorites: group games, playing with cars, beans, yellow, pet chickens, Moses parting the Red Sea, Mark 10:14

* Dreams: to become a trader, visit France, visit us, be healthy, to buy a beautiful car

~~~

Letter Highlights...
"I pray God to keep blessing us and bless our friendship."

"I am playing some games you told me about."

"I enjoy going to the center for I am learning many things."

Tell about your favorite Bible story in a few lines: Moses slapped the sea and it divided into two allowing Lord's people to cross.

My favorite Bible verse is: Mark 10:14

The greatest thing I learned about Jesus is: He is the only one and the real Savior that God sent to save us.


"I love the principles such as being simple, wise, respectful, wherever I am because my parents ordered me."


"We are in the rainy season and the nature is green!"


~~~

Artwork



~~~

Extra Photos

Firmin sent this lovely family photo:

~~~

To read the other posts in this series, click here.