Friday, September 2, 2016

Project Director's Letter: Ethiopia (ET-203)

Thanks to the Compassion App, I have discovered some additional project director and pastor letters! I'll be sharing them over the weeks! Enjoy!

~~~

This letter is from Feraol's project! And the photos are from Compassion's Ethiopia Flickr Album.

Dear Sponsor,

I greet you in the name of our Lord. My name is Adanech M. I am Project Director of the Child Development Center at Holota Geunet Church in Holota town, Oromia regional state, Ethiopia. We serve your sponsored child.

We are grateful for your sponsorship of your child.


Many of the sponsored children here have been showing changes in many aspects. When one girl was admitted to our center, she was so weak and shabby. This day she is an active and happy girl and a credit to the center support. She became a cause to help her mother to change also.

Another child is an orphan; his mother and father are not alive. However, he has been coming to the center since he was very small, which has made impact on his education, physical growth, social relationships, and spiritual growth. Currently he has taken his 10th grade national examination. He is active in several clubs at our center. He is a good model in behavior and in his social relationships. In the rainy season, he is learning in Bible school. He is thankful for how his sponsor’s support has changed his life.


Children are happy when they receive letters from their sponsors. Those who get letters learn information about their sponsors’ country, family, culture, etc., and are able to build a relationship with them. They know they are loved. Children who do not get letters feel disappointed. They ask why they do not get letters.

I have been serving in this ministry for the last 20 years, and its outcome is so wonderful. Serving this generation is preparing for the next generation. From our center have come two medical doctors, engineers in different fields, accountants, and lawyers working in different organizations. They got married and formed families. I thank my Lord, who helped them become responsible and respected Christian citizens. Many leaders, engineers, doctors, and professionals of tomorrow will come out of these little children we serve today. I am a witness, because I have seen the fruit. This is what inspires me to work in the center.

Please pray for our children. Pray for the center workers and donors. Pray for the community’s spiritual life, that people will hear the Word of God and be converted.

I thank you for your compassionate support for your child.

God bless you,
Adanech M.


~~~

If you would like to sponsor a child from Ethiopia, please consider adorable Abdelbaki! He's 3 and his birthday is February 11.


Abdelbaki lives with his mother. He is responsible for caring for children. His mother maintains the home.

Abdelbaki is not attending school because he is too young. Soccer is his favorite activity. He also attends church activities regularly. To sponsor Abdelbaki, click here.