We received a first letter from 6-year-old Lucas of Bolivia!
Lucas' letter was titled "Festivals and Holidays" and we learned that he likes Christmas and Carnival. We also learned that he goes by Mateo, instead of Lucas, and his mom is named Julieta. Julieta wrote the letter and said, "He is intelligent in math and happy because he marched today with his school." And Mateo drew a cute picture:
The next letter came from 19-year-old Maria of Bolivia.
Maria said, "It's so beautiful to see my picture on the Christmas tree and that you had customs of everything on." She also said she had a nice Christmas time with her family. And she shared, "I am glad you will have a beautiful baby, it's a blessing that God gave you. I suppose that Juanito must be very happy and excited about the birth, just as I am happy and excited to know the baby through pictures."
Next we heard from 18-year-old Sanjay. We no longer correspond with Sanjay, because his sponsor wanted to correspond again, but it's a blessing to receive the letters that were addressed to us! Although it is also a bit sad knowing we are unable to respond...I hope he is able to revisit our previous letters and be encouraged, and I also pray that his sponsor is building a good relationship with him!
Sanjay said, "I want to give you thanks for sending me such a lovely letter. Whatever Bible verses you had sent to me I learnt many things from those verses. I want to give you thanks for your kind love for me." He also shared that his project has had many activities like drawing competitions and soccer and badminton tournaments. Sanjay said he enjoys playing soccer with his friends.
Then we heard from 14-year-old Ndeleva of Kenya.
Ndeleva is such a good student! He shared that he was 4th in his class last term! He said, "I also do many duties in church. I sweep the compound and even I like dancing at the church." And he drew this great picture:
We also heard from 15-year-old Japhet of Kenya.
Japhet responded to my questions about birthday traditions and shared, "In Kenya, during someone's birthday the songs are just the same you do sing. Birthdays in Kenya are important for they mark someone's new life in the community both in traditional and in Christianity." He then shared Numbers 15:41, "I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt to be your God. I am the Lord your God."
Japhet closed with this sweet message: "Pass my greetings to Juanito, Rosie and little Jose, telling them that I love them and that I will keep on praying for them." And he drew this cool house:
Finally we heard from 10-year-old Ndikubwimana of Rwanda.
Ndikubwimana said that he's doing well in school, but he asked for prayer because they're having a lot of sunshine and the crops are drying up.









