Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Breiner in Ecuador

We began corresponding with Breiner in June 2016. I will continue to update this post as we hear from him.


We have received 6 letters, one pastor's letter, and one country director's letter while corresponding with Breiner. His birthday is March 8. Breiner lives with his parents, his father works as a teacher and his mother sells in the market.

~~~

Project Info and Activities:

Breiner attends EC-452 in Pulucate Center, Riobamba
* Home to approximately 3,700 residents
* Primary language is Spanish
* Most common work is farming
* Average earning is $354 a month
* Regional Diet: bread, rice, potatoes & maize
* Common Health Problems: parasites, malnutrition, diarrhea, breathing disorders
* Typical Houses: dirt floors, adobe walls, corrugated iron roofs

Center Activities: Bible teaching, choir, health education, clothes, supplementary food, educational field trips, environmental protection activities, educational materials, school fees, tutoring, life skills training and health screenings.

~~~

Miscellaneous Info from Letters:

* Favorites: soccer/football, cars, singing, listening to music, learning about God, listening to Bible stories, music, language & literature, rice & chicken, green, washing dishes

* Dreams: to be a professional, to be a pastor

~~~

Letter Highlights...

Please pray for: my family because they are the nicest present God gave to me

And I also want to say: there is nothing nicer than having God in my heart and I pray for you

"I am friendly with everybody."

"I like Math, in the future I want to be a professional in order to serve God and the society, I would like to be a pastor but it is in God's hands."

"[M]y favorite sport is soccer and indoor soccer. In my school they are starting to play soccer and I play in the second half to score goals. I like to play with my pets, I have 7 cats and 8 dogs, but a dog died. I also play with my cousin Franklin and if he is not there I play with the ball or I ride the bicycle when my dad and my mom allow me to."

"My brother's name is Ariel, my mom's name is Delia and my dad's name is Sergio, we are a good family and with my animals we are in total 11."

"I want to learn now to play the guitar but I can't because I am deaf and the deaf cannot play. I can play the piano."

"What talent do you have? Wash the dishes, fix the table, help my mom and play soccer. What things do your family and you like to do? Dad: work at school. Mom: work at work. Me: helping my dad and my mom...Do you have a pet? A cat and a dog."

"How do you share the gospel with others? Reflecting on the Bible and saying the Bible verse of Jeremiah 33:3."

~~~

Artwork


~~~

To read the other posts in this series, click here.