We received 7 letters, one pastor's letter, and one country director's letter while corresponding with Emon. His birthday is August 13. Emon lives with his parents.
Project Info and Activities:
Emon attends BD-520 in Rangamati
* Home to approximately 4,100 residents
* Primary language is
* Most common work is work is plantation work
* Average earning is $45 a month
* Regional Diet: beans, bananas, rice, & potatoes
* Common Health Problems: malaria, skin disease, diarrhea, typhoid
* Typical Houses: bamboo or tin floors, bamboo walls, tin roofs
Center Activities: Bible teaching, nutritious food, health screenings, hygiene supplies, health education, tutoring, scholastic materials, school fees, shoes and school uniforms.
Miscellaneous Info from Letters:
* Favorites: cricket, marbles, singing
"Here it's fall and a bit of cold. We make winter pie by this time. I like to eat "borca" pie. Do you make pie over there?"
"I am very excited now. I heard that I will get many gifts from the Project because of Christmas."
"It is summer and too hot. Mango, litchi, jackfruit has begun to ripe. I like to eat mango. It is tasty to taste. Do you like mango?"
"We are happy to get you. Will you visit us? Where do you live?"
"Here it is Rainy season now. Mango, jack-fruit, pine-apple, berry, etc. are available now. I like to eat mango, jack-fruit all the day. Sometimes I forget to eat rice."
"We are taking preparation for pre-Christmas. I like to enjoy in Christmas. We do sing and dance on Christmas. We eat good food in Christmas. I love to enjoy with friends."
"You will be happy to hear that I have passed in PSC exam and promoted to class 6. I am feeling so happy to read new books."
To read the other posts in this series, click here.
