Since the letter writing changes, we haven't heard much from Bolivia...but this week, we heard from each of our Bolivian kids! First I'd like to share 7-year-old Mateo's letter, which was titled "What I Like Best."
Mateo said he likes playing, sharing, and watering plants. His favorite things at the project are being together, laughing, playing and listening to the Bible!
Mateo's mom wrote his letter and shared that he enjoys painting. She also answered my question about how he received his name, "Well his name come because his father and I, started to be Christians, both. We got baptized and we Lucas Mateo we chose from the Bible. We have faith that Mateo will be a good kid."
We also received the "What I Like Best" letter from 8-year-old Mary.
Mary likes playing house, playing with dolls and playing soccer with her friends. She also enjoys washing dishes. Her favorite thing about the project is the staff because they're kind! And she enjoyes eating peanut soup and pique macho with her family.
Mary enjoyed the lion letter and is praying for my mum!
13-year-old Fernando also wrote a letter.
For his birthday, he ate pique macho, fried potatoes with chorizo, egg, meat and mayonnaise! And he also had cake. He also said he'll be praying for his mom and he wrote out his name:
And we heard from 14-year-old Angel.
Angel received both the photo of José as a baby and the photos of Eric and I as babies, which I included in the 2016 birthday letters. He replied, "And the baby it looks to me so big generally here doesn't born so big and the photos of when you were babies I think are very pretty and emotional to see you of very small." I think José was a month old in the photo I sent...maybe when our next baby is born I should send a first day photo so he knows our babies are also born small!
And he replied to the 10 Commandment series by saying, "I do like the rules because with it set the boundaries here in the church there are rules of the course and with it all try to meet them. I know about the 10 Commandments." And he drew a picture to go along with the series!
Next we received 2 letters from 15-year-old Franco! One was dated from July and the other from August.
He shared that he bought shoes with his birthday money! And he said that he is participating in a parade with the school band, along with his brother Dinn! Franco also shared, "At the Student Center we have learned many verses, hymns and praises and then we play soccer."
Next we heard from Jhomary, who's 18.
Jhomary asked for prayer for his studies android that his family is well. He closed by sharing, "José is a cute baby, he's a really beautiful baby. I say goodbye with massive hugs and kisses."
And finally, we heard from 20-year-old Maria, who just graduated from Compassion's program!
In response to my letter about Haiti, Maria shared, "I really liked the country of Haiti. It was very sad but it makes me reflect a lot." And she said she enjoyed the letter about lions and said, "I also thank you for the drawings and for the images of lions that you sent me. I cut it and put them on my notebook and I colored them. They were very nice."
Then we heard from 14-year-old Mariana of Brazil.
Mariana is so sweet...she said, "It's a pleasure for me to write to you again, for you are so special in my life. Every day I think God for you both who help me even living so distant from me." She said she's enjoying sleeping in and resting a lot on her vacation so she's ready to study hard!
Next, we have a letter from 8-year-old Luxandra of Haiti.
Luxandra's letter was titled "My Community." She said that soccer is the fun thing that they do in their community and the most common job is masonry. She said she was worried during Hurricane Matthew but that she and her family are fine. She did ask us to pray for her to do well in school and for God to continue to protect her against natural catastrophes.
Finally, we heard from 21-year-old Maria of Tanzania.
Maria shared (in response to my sharing a poem about friendship and about some of my close friends), "I'm also happy to hear that you have a friend and you love each other so much (Sarah). I also have a friend. We love each other so much. We share our daily life skills and knowledge about God, I'm so happy the way we love each other."
She also enjoyed the letter about penguins and said, "I'm also happy to hear the bird's story and I like them. I didn't know that there different penguins, I like Erect Cresteck because they have yellow hair and red in hands and red eyes." She closed by sharing Psalm 96:1-3.
















