Saturday, December 10, 2016

Outgoing Mail: December


For the faith series, I shared the 6th Commandment, thanks to Jill and her posts on Compassion Family. I also included some photos of our fall activities since I haven't sent photos of the family recently (and that's a frequent request from our kids).


~~~

I also took a quick break from sending letters about animals to send one about snow! I've always loved Kim's snowflake letter and decided to just go ahead and sent one of my own! I got my information about what snow is from Weather Wiz Kids and I found the photos via a Google search.


Here is a bit of what I included in the letters. I kept the information a bit on the short side because we've had a influx of letters and I wanted to leave room to reply to each one!

Even though in Florida we don't see snow in the winter, I find snow so fascinating and I wanted to share a little about it with you! Snow is commonly formed when water vapor undergoes deposition, which is when water vapor changes directly to ice without first becoming a liquid, high in the atmosphere at a temperature of less than 0°C and then falls to the ground. Snowflakes are made of ice crystals. Each snowflake is six-sided and made of as many as 200 ice crystals. Snowflakes form in clouds where the temperature is below freezing. The ice crystals form around tiny bits of dirt that has been carried up into the atmosphere by the wind. As the snow crystals grow, they become heavier and fall toward the ground.

Each flake has 6 sides, but though billions fall, no two are alike. In the same way, God made billions of people, but no one else is like you. You are very special, and He has a very special place in this world for you. He knows where ever. snowflake falls, and He knows His plans for you (Jeremiah 29:11)! Isn't that an amazing truth?