This letter is from Kamplos' project! And the photos are from Compassion's Haiti Southern Region page.
Dear Eric and Hannah,
My name is Louinel G; I am the pastor of the church of P, N. We minister to your sponsored child at the CDC. How can we possibly thank you for your sponsorship of Kamplos? Because of sponsors, lives are changing in an amazing way.
You could not imagine how important the center is in this region; for the parents cannot afford to pay their children's school fees. Thanks to the center, many children get to go to school. So, I cordially thank sponsors for their support towards the children.
My church is located in a valley. the main activity of the folks is agriculture. They grow rice, bean and corn. It does not rain regularly for years; so it is difficult for the peasants to survive. Our community is facing some challenges: lack of infrastructure, shoes, vocational schools, unemployment, spare time center, the school buildings are too small, and we don't have enough materials. Also, the church is unable to build a meeting space.
The church and the center deeply impact the community. My aim is that the center can try harder in order to develop the community and that more people can come to Christ through the center. The children of the center are exceptional compared to other children because they are involved in church activities and they get to learn a trade such as tiling, Floral Art, or sewing class. The church influences the community through open air activities, evangelization and other programs with the leaders and parents of the area. Thanks to the center, many parents go to church.
I want you to know that the letters and photos mean a lot in the relationship between the sponsored children and their sponsors. It permits them to share piece of information each other. The relationship between a child and a sponsor is so important and capital. A child is always excited to receive a letter from their sponsor. I think it is similar to the sponsors, too. I exhort the children to write good letters to their sponsors. I make sure that I am present by the time the letters are being written because I love to see the children's faces as they write. I hope you know the importance of your letters to Kamplos and will write often.
I sincerely want to assure you that your child is in good hand because I work in close collaboration with the employees in order to change the life condition of the children. We have a good staff that consists of teachers and instructors to teach the children Bible verses and stories.
I cannot stop thanking you for your supports toward Kamplos through Compassion International. At church, we are praying for you a lot so that God can bless you much more and give you good health. Please, pray for the children so that God can make a way for them and do efficient work in their lives and that they can always remain in Jesus! Pray also that we can build a bathroom space, a playground, and find a welder to open an ironwork class. We also need a cement mixer to finish our construction projects.
I pray God blesses you.
In Christ,
Pastor Louinel G
If you would like to sponsor a child from Haiti, please consider 4-year-old Orlindo (who is from Kamplos' project!). Orlindo's birthday is April 17 and he has been waiting over 250 days for a sponsor.
Orlindo lives with his father and his mother. At home, duties include carrying water and cleaning. His father is sometimes employed as a farmer and his mother is sometimes employed as a seller in the market.
Playing with marbles and playing group games are Orlindo's favorite activities. In pre-school his performance is average and he also regularly attends church activities. To sponsor Orlindo, click here.





