They recently came back from Kenya and I wanted to share my favorite posts. I also wanted to encourage you to check out their Flickr album because the photos are just stunning!
These are the posts that really resonated with me... Enjoy!
Eliud was a dapper Kenyan teenager then. He was wearing his school uniform, a seafoam green tie and gray sweater. His home was cobbled together from wood and rusting corrugated metal and smaller than the average American bathroom...read more"
But I didn’t know that is where I was. Not at first... read more"
“So tomorrow we’ll be riding in safari vehicles,” she said. “We have to travel down a dirt road that can be a bit bumpy, and it’s safer for us to be in the bigger vehicles in case the road washes out.”...read more"
The women, with babies tied to their backs, sing in Swahili about how good the day is simply because God gave it and gave them visitors...read more"
1) Yesterday, right before we left the Rift Valley, I met a little girl. Her name is Eunice. And I was just a little bit beside myself when I found out her name because A) I don’t think I’ve ever met a child named Eunice and B) I’ve spent a minute or nine thinking and writing and talking about Eunice (the one from the Bible) over the last couple of years...read more
This picture below is from 2009. Steve and I had brought our girls with us to Kenya, and this is the first church we visited. The women sang for us, and danced us in through the gates, into the church...read more"
Time that allows you to dance, not rush, into church high above the Rift Valley...read more"
Yesterday was no exception. Our group made our way down the hillside adjacent to the church we visited, and when we reached the lookout, there was just a smidge of a drop off...read more"
One mother takes my hands in hers, cranes her neck up at me and shouts “dance!”
So we dance.
Up the drive from the van toward the little pink church.
All the mothers are bending side to side, bending low, breaking into song about a God who sees even them...read more"
One extra fun thing about this trip is that the bloggers went to Sanaipei's project!! There are some incredible photos of this project that were shared in the Flickr album and I wanted to share them with you!
I love seeing the beautiful photography and learning more about how Compassion works, and it really is extra-special to know that we have a kid attending a specific project!
*All photos are from Compassion's Flickr album*






















