I am back into my hymn series! This month I am sharing This is My Father's World. I compiled quotes from Hymnary and from Hymns for a Kids' Heart. (And don't you love the new template that is available?!)
My dear friend,
Before we start school for the day, we take time to read a Bible story, pray for you, and sing to God! I really enjoy singing old hymns (as well as new worship songs), and I have enjoyed sharing some of our favorites with you. Today I would like to share "This Is My Father's World." This beautiful hymn always reminds me of God's incredible creativity, and brings Psalm 8:3-4 to mind. I hope you enjoy this hymn! Maybe you can find someone at your project who can play the song for you!
John Julian shares, "Babcock, Maltbie Davenport, was born at Syracuse, N.Y., Aug. 3, 1858. Graduating from Syracuse University, he was ordained to the Presbyterian Ministry and was pastor of churches in Lockport, N.Y., Baltimore, and N.Y. City. He died at Naples, Italy, May 18th, 1901. He was richly gifted, and his short career was memorable for the extraordinary influence of his personality and his preaching."
And Bobbie Wolgemuth writes, "Maltbie Davenport Babcock [...] was talented in almost everything he did. He was a star swimmer and a good baseball pitcher. He was always winning sports contents... But there was much more to Maltbie than strong muscles. He had confidence and always tried to do the right thing... Maltbie was also a young man who loved music. He enjoyed singing and was a leader of the boys' choir and the orchestra at school. There was something else that made Maltbie very happy. He noticed beauty in the world around him. Music filled his mind as he walked in the woods and listened to the birds. The sights and sounds filled his heart until it overflowed with joy. One day he wrote a song about the splendor that he saw and heard. The hymn he wrote was "This Is My Father's World." [...] The unusual boy with the unusual name spent his whole life sharing the joy of God. Maltbie knew that God had made the world and everything in it. Maltbie wanted everyone he met to enjoy all the beautiful things God had made--the mountains, skies, forests, and especially the sea... Today you can listen and look for all the sounds and sights that show God's creativity. Your own voice is part of the beauty that God created. Just like Maltbie, [...] you can spend your entire life sharing the outside and inside joy with others."
I love you and pray that you would share God's joy with those around you! God bless you.
Hannah
The sheet music is from Hymnary, and if you would like a copy of the text, I made my Canva hymn file shareable.
For our animal, I wrote about cheetahs, since Selam said she wanted to learn more about them. I found the information and photos on National Geographic Kids.
My sweet Friend,
I wanted to share a little about cheetahs! National Geographic says, "Fastest mammal on land, the cheetah can reach speeds of 97 [up to] 113 kilometers an hour over short distances. It usually chases its prey at only about half that speed, however. After a chase, a cheetah needs half an hour to catch its breath before it can eat.
The cheetah's excellent eyesight helps it find prey during the day. The cheetah is hard to see because its spotted coat blends with the tall, dry grass of the plains. Suddenly, the cheetah makes a lightning dash. It knocks its prey to the ground and then bites its throat. Once found throughout Asia and Africa, cheetahs today are racing toward extinction. Loss of habitat and declining numbers of their prey combine to threaten the future of these cats. Cheetahs live and hunt mainly in open grasslands and bushy areas in parts of Africa and the Middle East.
Cheetahs eat small- to medium-size animals, such as hares, impalas, wildebeest calves, and gazelles. Because of their size, strength, and predatory skills, cheetahs are considered one of the “big cats.” Tigers, lions, leopards, jaguars, and cougars are also part of this grouping."
Mary, is there a big cat that lives in your country? We have cougars in Florida, but they do not often come close to towns or cities.
I love you very much and we are praying for you and your family! The kids say hello!
Hannah
I also included a brief update on our lives with one page of pictures.
Happy Writing!





