Friday, July 6, 2018

Bilingual Summer: Independence Day

We are using Courtney's Independence Day theme!


Here is the booklist:

  • Hats Off for the Fourth of July! by Harriet Ziefert
  • Blue Sky White Stars by Sarvinder Naberhaus
  • America the Beautiful by Robert Sabuda
  • The First Independence Day Celebration by Kathy Allen
  • Happy 4th of July, Jenny Sweeny! by Leslie Kimmelman
  • Apple Pie, 4th of July by Janet Wong
  • Fourth of July Mice by Bethany Roberts
  • Happy Birthday America by Mary Pope Osborne
  • How to Make a Cherry Pie and See the USA by Marjorie Priceman
  • The 4th of July Story by Alice Dalgliesh
  • All Those Secrets of the World by Jane Yolen
  • Pato para presidente by Doreen Cronin
  • Thump, Quack, Moo by Doreen Cronin
  • Click, Clack, Peep by Doreen Cronin

    I linked all the activities so that you can do them yourself (and I tried to take photos of my supplies...you'll notice that I modified some activities based on what I had on hand; sometimes it worked out as expected, other times we had different results!).

    ~~~

    Patriotic Paint Bombs


    ~~~

    Fireworks Fork Craft


    ~~~

    Fireworks Wet Chalk Craft


    ~~~

    Patriotic Sun Catchers


    ~~~

    Fireworks Salt Painting


    ~~~

    Building Legos is always fun too!


    ~~~