Dear Name,
Compassion has been keeping us updated on how Bolivia is being affected by the Coronavirus and how the Compassion churches are helping their communities. Please know that we are praying for you and for your family, for God's protection and peace during this time. The kids and I recently read a very encouraging devotion by Louie Giglio, and we wanted to share it with you.
✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬
The Supreme Survivor: "Don't worry, because I am with you. Don't be afraid, because I am your God. I will make you strong and will help you. I will support you with my right hand that saves you." Isaiah 41:10
The tardigrade, or water bear, isn't a bear at all. Rather, it's a tiny little invertebrate that lives in moss, on plants, in sand, in freshwater, and in the sea. Tardigrades are among the few animals that can be found both on the highest mountains and in the deepest seas. These tiny creatures are only about 1.5 millimeters long, but the tardigrade is fierce. Its mouth is full of daggerlike teeth, which it uses to tear into algae and other tiny animals.
These tough little creatures can live in boiling water and in the deepest trenches in the oceans. They can survive for more than 10 years without a drop of water. Scientists in Japan even froze a couple of tardigrades for 30 years--and even when thawed out, they were still alive! God gave this little creature--that you've probably never heard of--everything it needs to survive!
And how much more will God do for you, His most prized creation? In this world, you'll face troubles, temptations, and fears so fierce you might think you can't survive. But you can because God is on your side. There's no trouble He can't handle (Matthew 19:26). There's no temptation He can't help you defeat (1 Corinthians 10:13). And there's no need to worry or fear (Matthew 6:25-34) because He will give you everything you need not only to survive, but to thrive, as His treasured child. God created you to be an extreme survivor, and He's with you no matter what the conditions."
✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬ ✬
I included photos of tardigrades so you can see what they look like!
My dear Name, I hope that you remember during this time to call out to our Lord for His help and strength. He loves you dearly, and we love you too! Please be praying for Eric, since he is a nurse he is caring for patients who are sick with Coronavirus. He sends his love and a photo with his mask for you to see! Rosi, José, and Mateo have been dressing up and pretending to be nurses and doctors, and I thought you'd enjoy the photos. Juanito says hello too!
Much love,
Eric & Hannah
I included images of the tardigrade (thanks to Google images) and photos of Eric and the kids with their nursing gear.
I wanted to take time to say Happy Easter and share a John Piper devotional called Jesus Keeps His Sheep. I used different templates for younger and older kids.
Happy Easter Name!
As we celebrate Easter, I wanted to share this John Piper teaching that really encouraged me. I pray that it encourages your soul as you think about Christ's death to save us!
“Simon, Simon, behold, Satan demanded to have you, that he might sift you like wheat, but I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned again, strengthen your brothers.” (Luke 22:31–32)
Though Peter, in fact, failed miserably, by denying Jesus three times, the prayer of Jesus preserved him from utter ruin. He was brought to bitter weeping and restored to the joy and boldness that showed itself in Peter’s message at Pentecost. Jesus is interceding for us today in the same way that our faith might not fail. Paul says this in Romans 8:34.
Jesus promised that his sheep would be preserved and never perish. “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand” (John 10:27–28).
The reason for this is that God works to preserve the faith of the sheep. “He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ” (Philippians 1:6).
We are not left to ourselves to fight the fight of faith. “It is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure” (Philippians 2:13).
You have the assurance of God’s word that, if you are his child, he will “equip you with everything good that you may do his will, working in us that which is pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ” (Hebrews 13:21).
Our endurance in faith and joy is finally and decisively in the hands of God. Yes, we must fight. But this very fight is what God works in us. And he most certainly will do it, for, as it says in Romans 8:30, “Those whom he justified he also glorified.” The glorification of God’s justified children is as good as done.
He will lose none of those he has brought to faith and justified."
I also wanted to share these cute photos that were taken by the Austrian photographer Julian Rad. Austria is in Europe near Germany, and he likes to take photos of the wildlife outside of his home!
Please send our Easter greetings to your family! Jesus is risen!
Love,
Hannah
And I also wanted to include some really fun wildlife photos by the Austrian photographer Julian Rad! These are some samples of the photos I sent to the kids! I made two different versions.
Happy Writing!







