Dear Friend,✼ ✿ El Emeth ༅。.。༅ God of Truth ✿ ✼
by Diane Stortz~~ Isaiah 65:16, "Whoever asks for a blessing in the land will be blessed by the God of Truth." ~~"From Genesis 2-3. A clear, clean river rippled through Eden, the beautiful garden where Adam and Eve lived with God. In the center of the garden stood two special trees, the tree of knowing good and evil and the tree of life... The river flowed through the garden, watering all the plants and trees. "You may eat from every tree in the garden except the tree of knowing good and evil," God told Adam. "Do note eat from that tree, or you will die." Now, God has an enemy who did not life Adam and Eve. One day, the enemy came to Eve disguised as a snake--a very sneaky snake. "Did God really tell you not to eat from any tree in the garden?" the snake asked. "No," Eve answered. "God said we can eat from any tree except the tree in the middle of the garden. If we eat from it, we will die." "You won't die!" the snake lied. "You'll be like God! You'll know about good and evil--that's all." Eve listened to the snake and gazed at the fruit on the tree. "It looks so delicious!" she said to herself. "It looks so pretty! And if it can make me as wise as God..." Eve denied to believe what the snake told her instead of what God had said. She reached for a piece of the fruit and took a bite. She gave some to Adam, and he ate the fruit too. Adam and Eve chewed. They swallowed. Then they looked at each other and said, "We've made a big mistake! We should have believed God's words!" They wanted to hide. Later in the day, when they heard God walking in the garden, they ran away from Him. But God knew where they were, and He knew what they had done. He called to them and asked, "Did you do what I told you not to do?" "Eve gave me the fruit, and I ate it," Adam said. "The snake lied to me about the fruit, and I ate it," Eve said. Because Adam and Eve had disobey God, they could no longer live in the garden with Him forever. Someday they would die. God's words were true because God cannot lie. "You have done what I told you not to do," God said, "and now you must leave this beautiful garden." God punished the sneaky snake too. "You will crawl on your belly from now on," God said. But God still loved Adam and Eve. He made new clothes for them before they left the garden. And He had a plan ready. One day He would send Someone to make things right again.What God says is always true. The God of Truth never lies. In fact, He can't! His words always prove true." Please read Proverbs 30:5!Love, Hannah
The Journey through Genesis has some great activity pages and coloring pages, which I plan to include along with some of the book's illustrations. I also like Mary Dean Draws coloring pages! Or if I cannot find what I need through Mary Dean Draws, I resort to searching Google Images, which is a great resource.
I also sent a letter responding to our kids' letters, and sharing photos of our visit to the "Little Grand Canyon" in Georgia! I thought the kids would enjoy the photos.




