Saturday, June 19, 2021

Outgoing Mail: June


~~~
I am continuing a monthly faith-themed letter series. This series is on the names of God, and is based off of Diane Stortz's book, I Am: 40 Reasons to Trust God


✯✶✰☆ Jehovah ☆✰✶✯ ✯✶✰☆ I AM ☆✰✶✯ by Diane Stortz ~~ Exodus 3:14, "God said to Moses, 'I AM WHO I AM. When you go to the people of Israel, tell them, "I AM sent me to you."'" ~~ "From Exodus 3-4. "'Come, sheep!' Moses called to his flock. 'It's time to move on.' Moses' sheep followed him through the wilderness... As he neared Mount Sinai, Moses heard a crackling sound, like a fire. He looked around... Moses saw a bush on fire: but the bush wasn't burning up! Moses turned towards the bush. 'I want to see this amazing sight up close,' he said, 'and find out why the bush is not burning up.' Then Moses heard another sound, a voice calling his name, 'Moses! Moses!.' Who could it be? 'Here I am,' Moses said. God answered Moses from the burning bush! 'Take off your sandals,' God said. 'This place is holy. I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.' Moses took off his sandals and covered his face. 'I have a job for you, Moses,' God said. 'My people are slaves in Egypt. I know they are in trouble, and I will reduce them. I want you to lead My people out of Egypt and into a good land.' 'That's a big job!' Moses said. 'How can someone like me do a big job like that?' 'I will be with you, Moses,' God said. Moses had another question for God. 'When I tell the people that you sent me, they will want to know Your name. What should I tell them?' 'I AM WHO I AM,' God said. 'Tell the people that I AM has sent you. I am the God of your fathers, and this is My name forever. Now gather the leaders of My people and give them My message. Then go to the king of Egypt and tell him to let My people go.' Moses still worried about this big job. 'But God, I'm not a good speaker,' he said. 'How can I talk to the king of Egypt?' 'I am the One who made your mouth, Moses,' God said. 'I will be with you and tell you what to say. I will also send your brother Aaron to help you.' Moses obeyed God. He met Aaron in the desert. Together, they went to Egypt so Moses could tell God's people, 'I AM has sent me to rescue you.' 'Hurrah!' the people said, and they bowed their heads and thanked God. ~~ When Moses saw the burning bush, the bush was not changing. It did not burn up! That is a picture of God: He doesn't change, He always stays the same. God never gets tired or hungry. He doesn't need anything. God always has been, and He always will be. He doesn't have a beginning or an end. He is always the same powerful God, I AM, who loves and helps His people... [Did you know] Jesus used this name when He said, 'Before Abraham was even born, I AM!' (John 8:58)."

I often find my images through a Google Images search, but I also like to check Mary Dean Draws coloring pages! I found the maze page here.


~~~

I was due for responses, and decided to write about our family trip to upper state NY for a wedding and to see Niagara Falls!



~~~

Happy Writing!