Saturday, October 26, 2024

Outgoing Mail: October


~~~

I am continuing the monthly faith-themed letter series after taking a break in September to respond to our kids' letters. The kids who are 14 and under are learning about the names of God, based off of Diane Stortz's book, I Am: 40 Reasons to Trust GodSunday School Zone sometimes has some great activity pages!


✯✶✰☆ I AM ☆✰✶✯  by Diane Stortz ~~ Matthew 14:27 "He spoke to them, saying, Take courage! I AM! Stop being afraid." ~~ From Matthew 14; Mark 6; John 6. "Soon it would be night. "Go aback to the boat now,," Jesus told his disciples, "and head back across the lake. I'll say goodbye to all the people here." After the disciples rowed away and Jesus sent the crowd home, He climbed up the mountainside by Himself to pray. When it was dark, Jesus was still praying. The disciples were a long way from land, but Jesus could see they were having trouble. A strong wind blew against the boat and made it hard for them to row. Jesus prayed a little while longer. Then He climbed down the mountain and went to join the disciples. But Jesus didn't go in a boat--He walked on the water! The disciples saw Jesus coming toward them, but they didn't know it was Him. "Look! A ghost!" they cried out. "Have courage!" Jesus called to them. "I am with you! Don't be afraid!" Peter, one of the disciples, said, "Lord, if it is You, tell me to walk to You on the water." Jesus smiled. "Come on then, Peter!" He said. Peter climbed up on the side of the boat. Then he climbed down and stepped on to the water. Would he sink? No! Peter kept his eyes on Jesus and started walking toward Him on the water! ... But then Peter looked away from Jesus and looked at all the waves instead--and he felt afraid and began to sink. "Lord, save me!" he cried. Jesus reached His hand and pulled Peter up. "Oh, Peter," He said. "Your faith is small. Why did you doubt?" Together they got into the boat. And when they did, the wind stopped blowing, and suddenly the boat was at the shore. Peter all and the disciples worshipped Jesus right there in the boat. "You are the Son of God!" they said. ~~ People can learn to swim, and some people can learn to do special dives with somersaults and twists. But when it comes to walking, people were made to walk on dry ground, not on water. How could Jesus was on water? Because Jesus is God. Do you remember reading about Moses and the burning bush? God talked to Moses from the bush. When Moses asked God His name, God said, "I AM." When Jesus walked on water toward the disciples, He told them the same thing. He said, "I AM. Don't be afraid." Jesus had power to walk on water, and He had power to let Peter do it too. Jesus, I AM, is always the same powerful ruler over all. We can trust and worship Him! Many people didn't believe Jesus was God's Son. But Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, before Abraham was, I AM!" (John 8:58)."



~~~

I am continuing with a study on the book of Proverbs for the older kids. I am including a helpful journaling page with each letter. I also included a Genesis 50:20 coloring page.



Dear Friend,

Here is the lesson for chapter 6 of Proverbs.

"PROVERBS 6

Proverbs 6:20-21: “My son, keep your father’s command and do not forsake your mother’s teaching. Bind them always on your heart; fasten them around your neck.”

God has blessed you with your mom, dad, and other authority figures to point you in the right direction in life.

It's weird to realize that parents don't always have it all together or know what they're doing... [They make mistakes, but] they want the best for their kids. They love them and want to see them accomplish great things.

While your parents are imperfect people who make mistakes, they want what's best for you. When they give you critique or advice, you should humbly take it to heart. Respect your authority figures and appreciate their guidance. God is using them as guiding lights in your every-day life.
Are you appreciative of your parents guidance and humbly applying it to your life?"

This reminded me of when Jesus said in Luke 11:9-13, "And I tell you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. What father among you, if his son asks for a fish, will instead of a fish give him a serpent; or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”

God allows hard things to happen, and sometimes we can wonder why, but God promises to work all things for the good of those who love Him (Romans 8:28). Have you read the story of Joseph in Genesis 37-50? It is my favorite Bible story. I love this story because even though God allowed Joseph to pass through many trials and hardships, God redeemed all the suffering and used Joseph's life to care for many others (Genesis 50:20). 


~~~

Happy Writing!