This summer I found some really neat sticker books from Dover on sale for 60 cents each! I got glittery flower stickers for the girls and glittery bird stickers for the boys.
I also cut up some old calendars with nature scenes to send to the kids! I thought that they'd enjoy the photos of the birds, flowers, etc. The photos are of local nature scenes and were taken by college students in our area.
Then for the little kids, I printed the story of The Good Samaritan from Bible for Children.
And for the older kids, I created word searches with this Word Search Generator (thanks, Donna!). I made each kid's word search a little different and included his or her name, country and some of their favorite things!
Finally, I included a school-themed letter where I asked each kid who their favorite teacher is and what their favorite class is. I also shared some of my story and how I chose to major in math!
What fun things have you found to send to your kids?
And if you don't currently sponsor a kid, will you pray about sponsoring one and beginning a relationship with a precious child? You can see waiting kids here.




I like those Dover books! And thanks for the link to the word search generator- I might make some of those soon for my kids! Maybe for Thanksgiving? : )
ReplyDeleteI need to restock my box of fun stuff to send to our kids, and I'm running a little low on stickers, too. I'm hoping to find some fun fall-themed stuff to send soon, since none of our kids experience fun stuff like leaves changing colors in their countries!
That's a great idea to do a Thanksgiving word search!!! I hope that you'll be able to find fall-themed stuff soon. In FL we don't really have a fall either but a friend from NY is going to send me leaves for my kids!!
Delete