Monday, March 17, 2014

Mail Call Monday: News from Bolivia & Ghana

I'm joining up with Blogging from the Boonies for Mail Call Monday!

Mail Call Button

Our baby girl, Rosie, was born this past week! When we returned from the hospital, we had 5 letters awaiting us. It was such a fun surprise in an already exciting week. Before I share the letters, let me just share a photo of our new daughter.


God blessed us with a healthy baby and she is such a blessing! Juanito is loving having a baby in the house and is sometimes over-enthusaistic with his desire to help! I cannot wait to share about Rosie with our Compassion kids. I had shared with them that I was pregnant, but it will be so fun to share photos.

~~~

Anyway, back to the letter week. Our first 2 letters came from 13-year-old Christiana of Ghana!


Christiana is a correspondent and I had heard that we would not longer receive "first letters" from correspondents. We have been corresponding with Christiana for over a year. But one of the two letters was an Introduction Letter! It was fun to be able to learn a little more about Christiana. She shared that her baby sister's name is Blessing and that she lives with her mother and stepfather. Her favorites are the color yellow, skipping rope, pet cats, fried rice and the song "For His Mercies Still Endure." Christiana asked what we enjoy doing for fun and also for prayer for her family.

The 2nd letter from Christiana contained answers to many of my questions in previous letters! She shared that she is learning to do crochet at the project. And that her baby sister is doing well. Christiana also said that she does enjoy playing games and that she likes going to school. Finally, she asked for prayers for her finals and shared John 14:14, " If you ask anything in My name, I will do it," (NKJV).

And finally, here is her lovely artwork!


~~~

Next, we heard from 3 of our kids in Bolivia. First, I'd like to share 5-year-old Mary's letter.


Mary's theme letter was titled "My Project Learning." Mary checked that she is learning to pray, to help others and to brush her teeth. Her favorite thing to learn at the project was the Creation story from the Bible! Then, with the help of a tutor, Mary answered some of our questions. She said that her favorite flower is a rose "because they smell good and there are roses in many different colors." And Mary was surprised to see that we save her letters (I posted here how I save our Compassion letters and in a previous post, I shared how I wrote to each child about how I saved each of their letters).

Mary drew the following picture:


And we received another photo from Mary! If you love extra photos, I highly recommend sponsoring a child at the project BO-571. I have been amazed at the number of photos we have received from this project!


~~~

The next letter came from 12-year-old Franco.


Franco shared that he has 3 weeks of vacation for Christmas break, but that he was looking forward to the start of school because he would see his friends again. He also said that his favorite flower is a rose because of the smell. Franco said that he plants flowers in his garden. He also shared that the president of Bolivia is Evo Morales Ayma and that he is a hard worker, working for the Bolivian people.

On a serious note, Franco closed by asking for prayer for his brother, Romulo. Romulo has a bad kidney. Please, join us in lifting up Romulo's health in prayer. Thanks.

~~~

The final letter came from 15-year-old Jhomary.


Jhomary shared that he'll be traveling to Yacuiba (a Bolivian town on the Argentine border) for his uncle's wedding, and that they will go into Argentina to visit. One of Jhomary's dreams is to see Argentina, so I am very excited that he will have that opportunity! Jhomary then shared that his family picks up their mail near the bus station. Finally, he congratulated us on the upcoming birth of our baby (I look forward to sharing that she has arrived!).

~~~

Have you heard from your Compassion children recently? It is such a joy to hear from them! I especially enjoy when I receive answers to questions that I sent and am able to learn more about their lives.

6 comments:

  1. You get full points for getting this post up with a young child AND a baby! Rosie is beautiful!

    I think my favourite thing about this post is that darling extra photo from Mary! She's such a sweetheart! And it makes me happy to see a letter from Ghana - I used to hear from Chelsea every other month like clockwork and now I haven't heard from her since December!

    So glad you had some extra blessings to come home to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was able to post it because Rosie didn't want to sleep one evening…otherwise I would've been late :)

      I hope that you hear from your Chelsea soon!! I hadn't heard from Christiana since December, so it was great to receive 2 letters at once!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the newest member of the family! She is beautiful! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I totally missed this announcement - Congratulations on the birth of your daughter!!!!! She's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm guessing it was when you were traveling :)

      Delete