If you would like to learn how to play or would like to share this letter with your sponsored child, here is what I shared:
Dearest Name,
This month I would like to share a game from the Philippines with you. It is called Iring-Iring and is very similar to the game I sent you from Pakistan.
The Philippines is a country made up of over 7,000 islands in the Pacific Ocean! And the Puerto Princesa Subterranean River is the 2nd longest underground river in the world--it is 8.2 kilometers long (I included a photo of the river). The Philippines is home to the longest snake in the world, the Reticulated Python, which can grow up to 8.7 meters long! And the Philippines is home to the most toxic snake in the world, the Faint Banded Sea Snake. What kinds of snakes do you have in your country?
The game I would like to share with you is called Iring-Iring.
To play, you need: 4 or more players and a handkerchief or small cloth.
1. After the person who is "it" is determined, he or she goes around the circle and drops a handkerchief behind one of the players in the circle.
2. If this player notices the handkerchief, he or she has to pick up the handkerchief and run after the "it" around the circle.
3. The "it" has to reach the vacant spot left by the player before the it is tagged; otherwise, the "it" has to take the handkerchief and repeat the process all over again.
I would also like to encourage you to follow God's instruction from Ephesians 4:29, "Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers."
I am praying for you! May God help you to speak words of grace to those around you. Please send my love and greetings to your family.
With much love,
Hannah
Feel free to copy this game to share with your sponsored kids!
