Monday, November 23, 2015

Mail Call: News from Brazil, Colombia & Indonesia!

We received some fun letters with beautiful artwork this week! First I'd like to share 7-year-old Estela's letter. Estela is from Brazil and her letter was titled "My Favorites."


We learned that Estela likes eating beans with pork, playing with dolls, ballet, the color pink, Batman, Psalm 23:1 and visiting Fortaleza with her mommy! She also thanked us for "the beautiful gifts" (I would love to know which exactly she is referring to…we sent birthday money, family gift money, a doll and dress, and goodies in letters…) and she closed by sharing Psalm 133:1 and saying, "God bless you! Kisses!"


~~~

We also received the "My Favorites" letter from 7-year-old Gizelle of Brazil.


Gizelle enjoys eating ice cream, jumping rope, studying, the color pink, Wonder Woman, Psalm 23:1 and playing tag! She said, "Thank you for the gifts; I loved them!" And she shared she's very dedicated to her first grade work.


~~~

We heard from 6-year-old Isabella of Colombia in a letter themed around her medical check-ups.


Isabella shared that her favorite physical activity at the project is jumping rope. And she learned that to take care of her body, she needs "to eat fruits and vegetables, salads and to do exercise." Isabella asked us, "How do you take care of your body? Do you like to eat salads?" And Isabella's tutor shared, "She is very happy with you because you always make her feel that she is very important for you."


~~~

Finally we heard from 17-year-old Jenny of Indonesia! Jenny responded to a lot of letters I sent with sidewalk games and stories of faith, so I want to share her whole response with you! Letters like this really encourage me to keep writing and sending stories!


Dear Mr. Eric and Mrs. Hannah,

Joyous greetings to you and your family. It was so great to hear your story about brother Andrew. The Lord Jesus is so extraordinary. He made miracles on the right time. The story of Brother Andrew is so inspire me. I am so grateful to the Lord Jesus because in His way, I can meet you, Mama Hannah.

Thank you for the games from the other state like Simba and Swala from Tanzania. I've never played that games before. Please send my regards to your friend, Jessie. She's so beautiful.

I am so happy to know your family, Mama Hannah. Please send my warm regards to all of your family member. Thank you so much, Mama Hannah because through your letter, I've been learned so many things new and also the games from many other state of America. You are so special for me, Mama Hannah. You like my teacher who taught me many thing. Thank you for your letter, stickers, photos that you and your family sent to me. I'm always been waiting for another stories, another letters, and another games from Mama Hannah.

I am praying for you and all of your family. God bless you with health and happiness.

Love,
Jenny