Sunday, January 31, 2016

Compassion Joys: January

I'm linking up with Compassion Family, looking back over the month of January and considering all my Compassion Joys!

 Compassion Family

~~~

Letters ~ we received 15 letters this month!
From Angel, Selam, Magreth, Alexandra, Isabella, Maria, Dinesh, Ndikubwimana, Nancy, Selam, Earl John, Rebecca Diana, Ndeleva, Phalan (x2) & Franco!

~~~

Birthdays ~ we celebrated 3 birthdays!

Firmin turned 5 on January 1.

Jenny turned 18 on January 21.

Earl John turned 16 on January 25.

~~~

Photo Updates

Gatwiri's photo:

~~~

Hellos & Goodbyes

In December, I mentioned that my parents' child Stuard had departed from Compassion's program due to his family situation improving! In his place, my parents sponsored Antony, who is 10 and from Stuard's project, DR-002, in the Dominican Republic!


And I know I shared that we lost 6 correspondents in August and received 2 "replacements" in December. This month, we received a few more new faces to "replace" the kids we lost. (I hate using the word replace…a new child can never replace the spot a previous child has in my heart…but I like keeping the number of kids I write to at 50 because it is so easy to work with that number and I had small goodies set aside already.)

Anthony is 11 and from Peru…

And Fernando is 12 and from Bolivia!

It is always so exciting to begin to write to a child!

~~~

If you missed yesterday's post, I shared a bunch of photos that our Earl John sent us where he shared about his life! He showed photos of his high school, project, project employees, local flowers, fruits and veggies and other things! Check out the post here.


~~~

And if you haven't seen this video, I really encourage you to take a minute to watch it!


What kids say from Compassion Canada on Vimeo.


~~~

I would love to hear about your Compassion Joys this month! And if you want to write your own post, check out the link up at Compassion Family.