Monday, July 4, 2016

Mail Call Monday: News from Brazil, Dominican Republic, Kenya & Tanzania

Happy Independence Day!


July is starting off with a bang! We had a bunch of letters arrive!

~~~

We received "My Confession of Faith" letters from both Gizelle and Estela of Brazil.


Their tutor, Camila, shared that the project had a "Today is a Party in Heaven" project party. Camila says, "We wanted to show Christ's love, faith and forgiveness and other things." And both Gizelle and Estela said they wanted to accept Christ. The tutor said, "It's going to be my pleasure to help [them] learn about God's Word. Please keep praying for [them] so that [they] may have strength to continue walking with God."

~~~

Next we heard from 6-year-old Sebastián of Dominican Republic.


Sebastián's letter was titled "My Favorite Things" and we learn that he likes pizza, fried chicken, dogs, playing at the park, playing in the river or beach, and the colors red, yellow and blue!

Sebastián shared that he's in first grade now! He likes going to church and learning how to sing. He also drew this adorable sun!


~~~

Next we heard from 15-year-old Japhet of Kenya.


Japhet shared, "I do like attending conferences at church. I remember that I attended one conference and its theme was about humility. What is humility? Humility is the act of lowering ones-self in relation with others." I love hearing what our kids are learning!

He also said that he wants to try to play the Chinese game because "it looks easy" and he liked learning that polar bears "love water so much." Japhet closed by sharing John 3:16 and sending greetings to Juanito!

~~~

Finally, we received our first letter from 18-year-old Elinami of Tanzania.


Elinami thanked us for sending letters and photos, especially the Honduran game and photos of the kids. She said she "was really happy" that we told her our favorite things and she shared her favorites:

* Bible story: Adam & Eve
* Song: I have nothing to trust but the blood of Jesus
* Animals: Giraffe, elephant & zebra
* Color: Pink & blue
* Flower: Rose
* Food: Bread, chips and eggs
* Game: Volleyball & football (soccer)
* Subject: Biology

I love when our kids share their favorite things with us! It really helps us get to know them! In closing, Elinami shared Philemon 1:4-5, "I thank my God always, making mention of you in my prayers, because I hear of your love and of the faith which you have toward the Lord Jesus and toward all the saints."