Due to the fact that my parents' receive the letters, I am not sure how many letters we have received from Nelci, but I do have a copy of the pastor's letter! Her birthday is October 11. Nelci lives with her parents and three siblings, a sister, Kardina, and two brothers, Hugo and Mariano.
Project Info and Activities:
Nelci attends PE-511 in Chongoyape, Chiclayo
* Home to approximately 18,400 residents
* Most commonly spoken language is Spanish
* Most common work is work is plantation work
* Average earning is $173 a month
* Regional Diet: beans, fish, rice & potatoes
* Common Health Problems: respiratory infections, intestinal parasites, anemia, malnutrition, bronchitis, dengue, arthritis, diarrhea
* Typical Houses: dirt floors, mud walls, tin roofs
Center Activities: Bible teaching, health and hygiene education, medical checkups, sports, birthday celebrations, tutoring and academic reinforcement.
Miscellaneous Info from Letters:
* Favorites: dolls, group games, hide-and-seek, tangerines (without seeds), computing
Letter Highlights...
"I like fruits, especially tangerines without seeds and very orange."
"I knew it [kangaroo] had a pouch in front of it and it is very beautiful when it carries its baby. I would like to know about the life of the polar bear."
"My family and I are attending church and we are learning many nice things about Jesus."
"For me, being patient means to be quiet when you face difficult times but it is hard for me to wait without complaining."
"The lesson you share with me is beautiful...thank you so much for the things you share with me and send me. They are beautiful. I love you so much."
Artwork
Gifts
In 2015, we were able to send Nelci a small pencil case filed with gifts! Nelci responded by saying, "Thanks for the presents I got and for the other things."
To read the other posts in this series, click here.

