Our first letter came from 14-year-old Angel of Bolivia.
Angel said at his student center, they participated in a futsal competition, and his team won second place! He also won a spelling bee! And his prize was a blender! He said he is participating in a play about a poor family who receives God's blessings! Angel also drew this great picture:
And we heard from 14-year-old Valeria of Colombia.
Valeria shared, "I want to learn more about animals, habitats, etc." And she shared Psalm 116:1-2, "I love the Lord, because He has heard my voice and my supplications. Because He has inclined His ear to me, therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live."
We also heard from 15-year-old Rebecca Diana of Kenya.
Rebecca Diana answered a lot of my questions in her letter! She said her favorite Kenyan athlete is David Radisha, and she said, "I normally share the gospel with my friend by preaching the word of God in school." She said she was named Rebecca because in her clan it means "day of handwork." And she shared Galatians 3:25-26, "25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus."
I also had asked the kids to give me the recipes of their most commonly prepared meals so we could try them. (This idea was inspired by my friend Teresa who blogs at Connected in Writing.) So here is Valeria's response in case you would like to try it yourself:
The food I like to eat is cake. If you want to make. Wash your hand fast. Have flour, margarine, sugar, egg and baking powder. Beat the egg add baking powder to the flour and sieve the mixture add sugar to the margarine into another bowl and mix them vigorously with a wooden spoon. Put the beaten egg into the mixture of sugar and margarine add some flour to the mixture. Add milk in the mixture put all the mixture in a baking pan. It will take twenty five minute.
Finally, we heard from 21-year-old Maria of Tanzania.
Maria is so sweet...hear how she started her letter, "How are you doing my friend? My family is greeting you in the name of Jesus my friend. The aim of this letter is to thank you for the letter you sent me, I am doing fine with my studies and in good health, also my family is greeting you a lot and continues to pray for you." Maria also shared that her family is praying for my mum's health! And she shared John 15:15, "No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you."






