This year, due to all the changes in the letter writing guidelines, I am sticking to only online letters. Compassion has a really fun birthday card template that I'm excited to use! My verse theme this year is Ephesians 2:10, "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them."
Here is my basic message to each child (the card limits space, so I used hearts instead of paragraphs):
Happy Birthday, dearest Name! ❤ We are rejoicing with you on your birthday and remembering how God made you you--unique, special, and one of a kind! And how most importantly, you were created in God's image and are His workmanship! ❤ I want to share Ephesians 2:10, "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." ❤ Not only are you God's workmanship, He is also perfecting His work in you, Philippians 1:6, "He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ." ❤ We are praying that this year, no matter what difficulties and hardship you go through, that you constantly remember God's love for you and His work in you. He sent His only Son to die on the cross to redeem you, and so He will see His work in you until the end! We pray that You know Christ as your Lord, Savior, and Redeemer, and that you point many people to Jesus Christ. ❤ Name, we are so very proud of you and all your hard work helping your family and in your studies. We are so thankful that you are such a kind and loving friend. We know you are so talented and that God has given you so many gifts! ❤ We love you very much, dearest. May God bless you as you embark on this new year. ❤ Love, The Hinojosa Family
For each kid, I found a fun coloring page to go along with Ephesians 2:10. It is available both in English and in Spanish! (If you are looking for another verse, there are quite a few fun options here.)
Then I found some pretty images of the verse to send! This is the one I found for the boys:
And this is the one I am sending the girls:
I would love to hear what you're sending to your kids for their birthdays! I'm always looking for new ideas for future years.





