Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Outgoing Mail: August

 
~~~
I thought we were due a letter response, since my letter stack is piling up! We also had some fun adventures during our summer break, and I wanted to share updated photos with our Compassion kids. 

I wrote five versions of a similar update, explaining the photos, and sharing a verse and a small word of encouragement. If you'd like to copy the verse and encouragement, here they are along with the various letters. 

As you work on your school, and all the other responsibilities you have in life, I want to encourage you to remember Philippians 4:6, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God." How can I pray for you?


As you work on your school, and all the other responsibilities you have in life, I want to encourage you to remember Philippians 2:14-15, "Do all things without grumbling or disputing, that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God." I pray that you will honor God with your attitude in all that you do, that you may be a good example to the world around you!


As you work on your school, and all the other responsibilities you have in life, I want to encourage you to remember Philippians 4:13, "I can do all things through him who strengthens me." As you encounter challenges, remember that Jesus Christ is always with you to strengthen you!


    This morning, my dear sister Shamim (who lives in Uganda, and was a Compassion sponsored child) shared this devotion with me, and I thought it might encourage you too. Romans 15:13, "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." ☼ ☼ ☼ "As we continue our week on living for heaven, today we look at the concept of hope. Hope is a necessity in this day, and God wants to restore your sense of hope and give you a fresh dose today. May the hope of eternal life be an anchor for you all of your days."  


This quote was an encouragement to me recently, and a challenge, and I wanted to share it with you: "We must be happily interruptible. Leet us live lives so surrendered, yielded and sensitive to HIs leading, burning with first love fire, that we are ones who embrace the divine interruptions of God. Let us not hold tightly to "our way" but surrender it daily and live lives committed to His way, His plan, His timing and His agenda." Proverbs 16:9 says, "The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps."








~~~

Happy Writing!