Sunday, December 16, 2012

A Visit to Uganda

If you've been following my blog, you've heard about Shamim (if you're new here, check out this post: Shamim's Story), our former sponsored child from Uganda--who is also my dear sister!


And when Shamim graduated Compassion's program last December, we began sponsoring Cissy, who's 12 and also from the same region of Uganda as Shamim!


In November, we had the opportunity to send Shamim and Cissy gifts, via Shamim's friend Alex (you can read about that opportunity in this post: A Demonstration of God's Kindness). Alex arrived back in Uganda on December 8 and gave Shamim her gifts on the 9th! It was so kind of God to allow us to send Shamim a laptop, a camera and some other supplies for the laptop! And we are so thankful for Alex's kindness to bring everything.



Then on the 10th, Shamim was able to visit Cissy! What a treasure to have photos of Shamim and Cissy together!


Shamim shared:
i was able to ask cissy if every thing is ok and if she was excited to receive the gifts?? i talked to cissy through my interpreter and cissy replied every thing is ok and she told me o send her greetings to her sponsor through the email. wanderful it was my memorable day to met my long awaited dear sister to me.


And Shamim also shared:
after all cissy was able to pray for our self journey back home she also thanked god who enabled us to meet. i was looking at my interpreter who is in white top to receiver cissy's mssage to GOD amazing the little girl prayed wanderfully as i did not expect such a thing from her!!!!!!!!!!!!


Cissy's family was also able to be there! Here are photos of Shamim with Cissy's family!



Finally, here are photos of Cissy with her gifts.



I want to thank everyone who donated to these gifts and who prayed for the gifts to arrive safely. This was such an amazing blessing to us!

12 comments:

  1. Do Shamin and Cissy speak different languages, even though they are from the same region? Or, is the interpretor doing sign language because Shamin cannot hear? Two things I'm noticing.

    Besides that, this is a beautiful visit! I love following the story of Shamim and how you two have a wonderful relationship. I'm so happy that you were able to send her electronics that are truly much needed to study in this day and age. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They speak the same language, but Shamim is deaf, so that's why there was a translator. I am so, so happy that we were able to send her electronics!!! God is good :) Thanks so much for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  2. Wow, thats a lovely story! Gives me a lot of hope:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sooo happy for you!! It is such a blessing to have all the extra photos :) I never knew that Shamim was deaf. I wonder if sign language in Uganda is like sign language in the US. It is soo cool that Shamim and Cissy got to meet! Cissy looks so beautiful in white! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a blessing!! Shamim said that the sign language in Uganda is different from ASL. And I agree that Cissy is beautiful...I love her dress :)

      Delete
  4. Wow, that is awesome! What a beautiful connection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! It was such a blessing to see our girls from Uganda meet!! And to send a gift!!

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful opportunity for all of you! God is so good - working out little details to let your lives connect in small ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, God was so kind to work out all the details! It's amazing how the small things have such a huge impact on our lives!

      Delete