Monday, May 2, 2016

Mail Call Monday: News from Colombia, Ecuador, Peru & Tanzania!


~~~

The first letter came from 7-year-old Isabella of Colombia.


Isabella shared that in her community the most common job is construction and the weather is warm. For Christmas, her uncles and aunts came to visit and Isabella was given clothes a doll from the project!

She thanked us for the letters and photos that we send! And then she said, "I would love to learn about bears because I think they are beautiful." And she closed by sharing Psalm 20 and drawing this great picture:


~~~

We also received our final letter from Nancy, who graduated from Compassion's program this spring. While we're sad to say goodbye, it was such a joy to correspond with her and she's doing well and in her 3rd semester of nursing school!


Nancy shared this about her nursing studies, "I have learned a lot this month because I had internships in a health district where we also got vaccines." She also shared that she spent Christmas with her family and received a quilt and candies from her Compassion project!

And Nancy said, "I want to thank you for the letters and pictures, it is a blessing to have you." We will miss corresponding with her and hope to release our information to her so we can stay in touch. Nancy also drew this fun picture:


~~~

Next, my parents heard from 15-year-old Danjhely of Ecuador.


Danjhely was so sweet and asked how I was doing and if I was recovering well since I had shared that we were expecting a baby! She also shared that she has seen a lion in the zoo before. And for Christmas, Danjhely shared, "I want to tell you that on this Christmas at the church we are doing a dance and a beautiful theater play referring to this topic which is so important because is the birth our Savior Jesus."

~~~

And my parents heard from 15-year-old Nelci of Peru.


In July, I sent a letter about patience, and a lot of the kids have responded. Nelci shared, "For me, being patient means to be quiet when you face difficult times but it is hard for me to wait without complaining." Nelci shared that she's been staying with her aunt recently and she drew this great picture:


~~~

Finally we heard from 16-year-old Magreth of Tanzania.


Magreth wrote, "Also I did a test you asked to pour water into the ground and they soak into the ground, but I tried to put them in the cup and I fail. It is very difficult as you said because all the water was soak into the ground." It's neat to hear that she took the Lesson of the Water Cup seriously!

Magreth then shared, "Also I love a picture of bears. In my country we don't have this beautiful animals. I did not know about Polar Bear but now I know about that Polar Bear. Is just amazing animal. Also red pandas are very attractive but I know giant panda through cartoons. You have beautiful animals there in your country." I try to include maps to show the kids that these animals aren't all in my country, but sometimes there is a little confusion!