Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Julissa in Nicaragua

We were Julissa's sponsors from November 2011 until July 2016.


We received 24 letters while sponsoring with Julissa, and two project director's letters (2014 and 2016) and two pastors letters (2013 and 2015). Her birthday is July 21. Julissa lives with her grandmother, Graciela, and two aunts, Carla and Auxiliadora, along with her sister, Rebeca, her brother, Yassev, and her cousins!

~~~

Project Info and Activities:

Julissa attends NI-175 in Ciudad Sandino, Managua


* Home to approximately 165,000 residents
* Most commonly spoken language is Spanish
* Most common work is work is factory work, although the majority is unemployed
* Average earning is $71 a month
* Regional Diet: maize, beans, bananas, chicken, fish, bread, rice, potatoes & goat
* Common Health Problems: respiratory diseases, diarrhea, parasites, allergies, malaria
* Typical Houses: cement, corrugated iron roofs

Center activities: Christian education, medical checkups, health education, nutritious food, sports, special celebrations, vocational classes, tutoring, and meetings, child development training and evangelistic activities for the parents and guardians.

~~~

Miscellaneous Info from Letters:

* Favorites: drum kit, guitar, dolls, group games, bicycling, baseball, play house, rolling a hoop, walking, jacks, marbles, hide-and-seek, volleyball, running, reading, art/drawing, ping pong, jump rope, singing, listening to music, other ball games, story telling, baking course at the project, nacatamal, purple, bird, English, David, Psalm 91, rabbits, roses & jasmine, monkeys, physical education, swimming, motmot

* Dreams: to be a lawyer, to attend the university, to become a professional, to visit el Mirador de Katarina, take a tourism course

~~~

Letter Highlights...
"I love the Bible text about the creation; God created us with so much love and dedication."

"Yes, I have accepted Jesus in my heart."

"My favorite things about my exercise are to learn swimming."

"I like to know that I can share with you that I was in Granada as part of a trip from school."

"I like the superheroes, but the one that I like the most is the superhero Jesus."


~~~

Artwork


~~~

Gifts

We were able to send Julissa gifts in 2014 and then we received a thank-you message! We also were able to send a family gift in 2015 and she was able to buy shoes, pants, shirt, towel, and underwear. She also sent this great photo with the thank you!


~~~

Graduation

Julissa completed 10th grade in high school in December 2015. She then began attending culinary school and studying hotel management. She graduated from Compassion's program in July 2016. We were told she is continuing at the culinary school and plans to be a chef! We are so proud of her success!

~~~

Final Letter

Dear Sponsors, Erick and Hannah. I hope you are in good health with your family. I am studying Tourism and Hotel Management. I like this career. I appreciate your prayers and your love for me. Thanks for the gift you sent me, with that I bought a shirt, pants, shoes, underwear and painting. I received your beautiful letters. Your children are tall. The photos of birds and animals is cute. I tis very good that you sponsor another child in the same way as me. My family and I are in good health. Thanks for the Fruits of the Spirit. For me, loyalty is to be faithful to someone regardless of the consequences. Thanks for your prayers. I'm afraid of storms sometimes. I don't know where is China. Thanks for the games. I don't like to dance. The costumes are very pretty. It's great you gather your family at Christmas. It is also good that you take food to people in need. I have never taken food to others. How was the birth of the baby? I ask you to pray for my family and my studies. I will pray for you and your family. God bless you always. I send you love. Sincerely, Julissa


~~~

To read the other posts in this series, click here.